As you saw in my last post, I have a few favorite episodes coming up at Battle Ground History. Here are a few more of my favorites from the Rebels, Rogues and Scholars bracket along with the Military Battles and Events sections.
Rebels, Rogues and Scholars:
- Michael Faraday vs Albert Einstein (Episode #9)
- Mahatma Gandhi vs Spartacus (Episode #27)
- Shaka Zulu vs Mother Teresa (this could be the strangest battle)
- Invention of the Printing Press vs Industrial Revolution (Episode #17)
- Renaissance vs American Revolution
- Great Depression vs French Revolution (Episode #11)
As you can see, there are some intriguing battles coming up in the months (and years) to come. All in all, there will be 96 episodes in the first round and in addition, I will, on occasion, be uploading something known as an episodlet. An episodlet is a short episode that helps to explain something that is pertinent to either a preceding or subsequent podcast. My first one was the Chinese eras known as the Spring and Autumn Period.
Here are some other episodlet’s I’m planning:
- How the Russo-Turkish War of 1806-1812 Helped Defeat Napoleon (to help understand the Napoleon vs Garibaldi episode)
- The Bengal Famine of 1943 (to help understand the Winston Churchill vs Nebuchadnezzar II episode)
- The Class the Stars Fell On (to help understand the Dwight Eisenhower vs Douglas MacArthur episode)
I’m sure there will be a lot of other episodlets that I will be sharing with my listeners in the coming months and years. Some of it will be to enlighten you, others will be published because I enjoyed the subject and wanted to share it with the world.
Don’t forget to keep coming back here every few days as I update the site with what I hope is interesting and fun information.